Calling All Artists!
The City of Sunny Isles Beach has announced their 11th annual Sunny Isles Beach Jazz Fest Poster Contest for 2018. This is your opportunity to submit an original painting to be chosen as a lasting symbol of the city’s love for rich and cultural experiences. The winning artist will receive $500 and have a special ceremony recognizing them during Jazz Fest on Saturday, November 17. This contest is free to enter and open to everyone.
Submissions will be accepted only between September 1 and October 1, 2018, at the Visitor Center in the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center. Please see below for contest rules and regulations.
Rules & Regulations
- Submissions can be made beginning Saturday, September 1, 2018, and must be in by Monday, October 1, 2018, at 5 p.m. at the Visitor Center in the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center, 18070 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160.
- A panel of judges will evaluate all paintings entered on their artistic work and how they represent the Sunny Isles Beach Jazz Fest and portray the spirit of Jazz music.
- Professionals and amateurs are welcome. The contest is open to all ages; residents, and non-residents of Sunny Isles Beach. There is a limit of two entries per person.
- SUBMISSION MUST BE A PAINTING using watercolors, acrylics, or oil-based paints. Marker, crayon, chalk, or other non-paint based works will not be accepted. Digital artwork is not acceptable.
With each painting submitted, please include the following on the back:
- Artist’s name
- Artist’s address
- Artist’s telephone number
- A title for the painting
Submitted in person or by mail to:
Jazz Fest Poster Contest 2018
City of Sunny Isles Beach
18070 Collins Ave
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Notes regarding submissions:
- Painting must be at least 10” wide by 15” tall and have a 2:3 width to height ratio.
- Do not place any distinguishing marks (i.e. name, copyright) on the front of the painting. Because the judging is anonymous, a painting cannot possess identifiable information on the front.
- Entries that do not conform to the entry guidelines or fail to provide the requested completed waiver form may be removed from consideration.